1. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Problems with MYSQL ODBC

Hello everyone, I have a very old VB6 application that uses the MYSQL ODBC driver to connect to a MYSQL Database. Certain queries are taking forever and the application hangs. I debbugged the aplication and those queries ran OK locally on the server using MYSQL query browser (these queries deliver a single row and run instantly on the query browser). However, the machines that have the VB6 application installed get stuck on those queries. Also, on one of the machines I ran the query using MYSQL Workbench and it ran fine.

The VB6 application worked without a problem until today, nothing was modified recently.

When looking at the queries from either the administrator or workbench, I do not see the query as it is supposed to be running. For example, the query that is run from the application is something like this: "select max(value) from table where conditions" (the table is relatively small) but on the administrator it shows "select * from table" and also it stays at the "writing to net" status.

Any idea of what is going on?

Your help would be very much appreciated.
  3. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Fixed!

The issue was fixed by modifying the query this way:
    select max(value) from (select value table where conditions) aa

That way it executes instantly also from the ODBC

Any idea on why this happened?

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo