1. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Mysql Database Import It Or Create It Directly In The Server ?

Employing phpmyadmin (wamp) I created locally a db , added a table and some content.
    The db has been exported as a dump .sql file.
    Then I opened the cpanel > phpmyadmin on server side and tried to import this file with the following result (note .: the db does not exist on server yet) :
    Error SQL query: -- Database: `mmKt_aug102013`
    CREATE DATABASE IF NOT EXISTS `mmKt_aug102013` DEFAULT CHARACTER SET latin1 COLLATE latin1_swedish_ci;
    MySQL said: Documentation
    #1044 - Access denied for user 'mmKt'@'localhost' to database 'mmKt_aug102013'
    Reading the error message it makes me think that if the db does not exist on the server , the dump cannot be imported.
    Before trying such procedure I had already thought it was necessary to create on server side such db.
    By means cpanel > mysql manager , I created a user and added the user to the db.
    Then I opened phpmyadmin (server) and tried to import the .sql dump file. I has not worked.
    My question is what is the correct procedure to import databases to the server ?
    What is the use of cpanel > mysql manager ? (I īve employed it to create dbs for wordpress)
    Thanks
  3. Lord of the Dance
    Devshed Expert (3500 - 3999 posts)

Have you checked that the user 'mmKt' have the rights to create a new database?

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo