1. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

2 Forms working together at the same time ?

Ok, In my program I have 2 forms. Both of them need to work together.

One is the one who let you see all the information and let you work and modify the items. The other form is to add new items.

Now the way it's work, you just browse etc... and when you want to add a new item you just click on a button that show you the Add form and when the person have finish adding the item, it's return to the main page where you can browse and modify the items.

but what they want is to be able to add a item via the addform and still be able to browse the items.

How can I do that in .Net ? it was easy in vb6 cause everything was working that way. But in .net when you have a form that is open you can't go back to the other one. and IMO that's the way it's should be usually. Also there is no Mid forms or something like that. soo I can't use that too.
    What would be my possibilities ?

thank you for your help.
  3. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

I forgot to mention something.

I can get both windows (forms) to show using .show instead of .showdialog but I can't make them work properly.

The program can do a research in the database but I can't make an item to show cause the program is using DataSet to have the information.

I don't understand why it's bug. All the program just stop working and it's not responding anymore. My form that I use to add a new item only add a new row when you press the OK button not before. Soo until I press that button, I should be able to show some items :S ! I don't know why it doesn't let me !

I hope you understand what I am trying to say.
    someone know and someone can help me ?

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo