1. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Connecting to w web service

I have a web service on a server everytime I connect to it from dial up account I get connection closed error, whenI connect from a high speed network it just work fine!!

The amount of data sent and recieved is not that large, so what is going on??

Is there any settings for the connection timeout??

I use visual C# for the client and web service application.
  3. Sk8er Punk!

Sounds more like an IIS issue or security thing. How is the dial-up connecting VS the cable? Webservices might be sitting in a folder than has limited access. These are tricky to find, but is probably not the code or the dial-up, it usually has to do with IIS settings or folder permissions.
    if (Bush == "idiot") return "Bush is an Idiot";
    else if (Bush != "idiot") return "Bush is still an idiot";

http://www.yourpolitics.org
  5. No Profile Picture

All settings are the same for both connections.

If it is a security thing it will be applicable on both connections, so i think that it is something specific to the Dial up connection
  7. No Profile Picture

Angry UnderLying Connect Dropped

I've had the same problem, I get it while using dial up ( also with proxy ), but it works on Broad Band. There is also not much data at all being passed ( 3 kb ). I have set the proxy settings to the default from IE using System.Net.WebProxy.GetDefaultProxy() ( or something to that effect )

The weird thing is that it works on my main computer that is recieving internet via XP internet sharing NAT with the same dial-up and having the proxy setting on my desktop also????

Also note that IE needs the proxy settings on my desktop to view pages and without the C# code to add the Default Proxy settings, it works also. So I think It can't be the Proxy.

I haven't changed the Timeout settings, but I'm sure that they are the problem, or the desktop wouldn't work.

Do you think it could be something to do with RAS? If you have figured this out please let me know.

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo