Hello!

I am attempting to create a custom validation, called LengthValidator. I have placed this class in a namespace called validators and it extends BaseValidator. I have overloaded the ControlPropertiesValid and EvaluateIsValid methods. This validator checks the length of the Text property of a TextBox object.

I have created a class to test this validator. This class simply has a main method that looks like the following:

try {
LengthValidator v = new LengthValidator();
TextBox t = new TextBox();

// Set up the text box
t.Text = "Hello";
t.MaxLength = 10;
t.ID = "txtTest";

// Set up the validator
v.MinLength = 1;
v.MaxLength = 3;
v.ControlToValidate = t.ID;

// Perform the validation
v.Validate();
Console.WriteLine(v.IsValid);
} catch (Exception a) {
Console.WriteLine(a.GetType());
}

After running this test as both an executable and a NUnit test case, I have noticed that the ControlPropertiesValid is being called, however, the EvaluateIsValid is never being called. I know this because of the beautiful Console.WriteLine statement .

Everything compiles correctly. I compile the Test class to an executable. When I run the executable, I receive the following message:
Unhandled Exception: System.IO.FileNotFoundException: File or assembly name Validators, or one of its dependencies, was not found.
File name: "Validators"
at Validators.Test.Main()

Fusion log follows:
=== Pre-bind state information ===
LOG: DisplayName = Validators, Version=0.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null (Fully-specified)
LOG: Appbase = C:\CHAD\projects\ValidatorLibrary\src\Validators\
LOG: Initial PrivatePath = NULL
Calling assembly : Test, Version=0.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null.
===

LOG: Application configuration file does not exist.
LOG: Policy not being applied to reference at this time (private, custom, partial, or location-based assembly bind).
LOG: Post-policy reference: Validators, Version=0.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null
LOG: Attempting download of new URL file:///C:/CHAD/projects/ValidatorLibrary/src/Validators/Validators.DLL.
LOG: Attempting download of new URL file:///C:/CHAD/projects/ValidatorLibrary/src/Validators/Validators/Validators.DLL.
LOG: Attempting download of new URL file:///C:/CHAD/projects/ValidatorLibrary/src/Validators/Validators.EXE.
LOG: Attempting download of new URL file:///C:/CHAD/projects/ValidatorLibrary/src/Validators/Validators/Validators.EXE.

Can someone please give me an idea of what is going on? This isn't a complicated validator, I'm just having problems testing it and I would really like to develop an NUnit testsuite for this validator. Thanks for your help, it is greatly appreciated.