1. Since 439000000
    Devshed Beginner (1000 - 1499 posts)

If HttpContext.Current.Request.ApplicationPath is root ('\') javascript start to fail

Hey everyone,

I'm working on a project and I'm stuck trying to figure this out but I can't quite figure it out. I don't really have any direction as to where I need to look for what's causing the issue. I figured someone here might be able to lend a hand.

It seems that there is a javascript function, well a few, that require the value of HttpContext.Current.Request.ApplicationPath. When it returns '/' several javascript seem to fail, and I can't figure out why. If it returns something like /programname all javascript executes properly. I'm completely lost on this one.
  3. Arcane Scribbler
    Devshed Intermediate (1500 - 1999 posts)

If anybody is going to be able to help you, I think they're going to need to know each instance of how the Javascript is using that path, whether that instance is one that fails, surrounding context, etc.

In short, you're probably going to have to show code.
    Joel B Fant
    "An element of conflict in any discussion is a very good thing. Shows everybody's taking part, nobody left out. I like that."

.NET Must-Haves
    Tools: Reflector
    References: Threading in .NET
  5. Since 439000000
    Devshed Beginner (1000 - 1499 posts)

Originally Posted by LyonHaert
    If anybody is going to be able to help you, I think they're going to need to know each instance of how the Javascript is using that path, whether that instance is one that fails, surrounding context, etc.

In short, you're probably going to have to show code.
    The solution was that when its in the root "/" cause other javascript have have double forward slashes such as "//includes/..."

Thanks!

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo