Thread: C# Ide?

1. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

C# Ide?

I wish to build windows applications using C#, however, I'm not going to pay $2000 for a learning experience. Web Matrix is not meant for Windows applictions so that is out. The cheapest alternative I've found is the Visual C# Studio which is about $100. Is this all I would need if all I wanted to do was build C# Windows applications? I really have no interest in Visual Basic and have Visual Studio 6 to develop C++ applications... haven't really found anything in .NET studio that I don't already have in VS 6 from a C++ standpoint. So, please help me find an affordable C# editor for building Windows applictions.

Thanks!
  3. /(bb|[^b]{2})/

I would try searching for the student edition of Visual C# if you are just wanting to learn the system, if you are wanting to build and release apps though you would need at least the professional version. Either way Visual C# Studio should be all you need.
  5. No Profile Picture

Free C# IDE

Hey man i came accross this IDE the other night and it does more than just C# it does Java and visual basic as well. I would assume you would need to get the proper compilers and configure the program to use them properly but it looks like a nice program it is called #develope, check it out.

http://www.icsharpcode.net/opensource/sd/

Hope it works for you
    Enjoy

Khymaera
  7. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

Borland has a free version of their 'C# Builder'.

C# Builder
    Screenshot

I haven't had a chance to test it out but its definitely commercial grade, they could easily sell it for a tidy profit.
    Last edited by Nem; September 14th, 2003 at 02:35 AM.

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo