1. No Profile Picture
    Dim Brendan as Noob
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Question Modify Webbrowser DocumentText to Add Image

It has been a while since I have posted here but I am quite stumped with this one.

Project: A program that streamlines the booking process at my jail. There are many things I have to do to book someone and a lot of them are small "open this" and "click that" followed by "print." We have what's called an ID Face Sheet which has all of the inmates information, charges, etc and then we have a Photo/Cover sheet which has their picture, plus other information that can be retrieved from the face sheet. My process combines them into one by adding the picture to the id face sheet which can be accessed via web browser from our intranet.

Problem: The booking officer logs into the program. Enters the inmate's full name, DOB and prisoner ID and hits enter. One of the tabs containing a webbrowser accesses the ID face sheet and modifies the browser.DocumentText to enter in the image URL which points to a drive on the computer. Unfortunately while the html does get edited it appears the webbrowser doesn't render the page again to display the image. How would I go about accomplishing this?

Thank you in advance for your time.

-Brendan
  3. No Profile Picture
    Dim Brendan as Noob
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

I just answered my own question. For those who use the search feature and want to know, instead of changing browser.documenttext change browser.document.body.innerhtml which will then render the change.

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo