1. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Open PDF in iPad

Hi,
    i have a web application which is genrating PDF documents. To show the documents i set just the atrribut src from a iFrame to the document path/name , e.g. document.getElementById("iFrame").src = "myDoc.pdf".
    In every browser on my pc that works fine, the browser notes that it's a pdf an open it in the acrobat reader.
    But my iPad show the site as a normal HTML-page, even i have installed the apps acrobat reader.
    somebody know how i should do it?

Thanks
    dr
  3. No Profile Picture

dr,
    Some browsers now like FireFox and Chrome, support opening PDFs. This is probably why you can open PDFs from your PC using these browsers but this might be different in the case of iPads.
    One of the things you can do is rasterize the PDF to PNG, JPG or GIF then display it in HTML page.
    We were working on an application for internal uses that needed to load and PDFs from our archives among other things. We used an sdk called leadtools to facilitate these operations and it did it for us.
    You will need to find the procedure that best fits your needs.
  5. No Profile Picture

Have you tried the Documents to Go app? It's really cool. You'd be able to open .pdf, excel, and word files on your iPad. Hope this helps.

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo