1. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

C# programming & design - Equipment Reservation, Timeslots

I'm currently making an Equipment reservation system as my project. The problem I'm facing right now is this:

For example, I have the following equipment choices:

-Laptop
    -Projector
    -Speakers

all with a checkbox function. The user simply has to check which equipment(s) to reserve then choose the date.

After clicking confirm I want the page to redirect to another page where all the equipments will be displayed with the available times.

For example the user chooses a Laptop. After choosing the date, the page redirects and then shows all the laptops for and the available time slots for that day such as:

laptop1: 730, 930, 1130
    laptop2: 730: 930: 1130
    laptop3: 730, 930, 1130

and so on. The time slots will be available in checkboxes as well and if laptop1 for example is not available for 730, the checkbox will simply be disabled.

My problem is, how can I generate this table in the next page from nothing? The data in the page varies on the choices. And if the user chooses more than one, like a laptop and a projector then it should contain one table for the laptop and another table for the projectors. So the table will be generated per choice. But how can I connect the design with the programming side? Given that the source code is separated from the program logic...

Or, perhaps, is there a better way?

Currently, my date and times are in one page and the list of equipment is not shown as it simpy fetches which equipment is availble on the chosen date and time. but I believe it is inefficient as the user is not aware wether it is available. The changes I wish to make eliminates that by showing the user if its already avaliabl or not and he/she can choose the same equipment, say he wishes to save a projector for 730 and 930. With my current program, it may choose projector1 for 730 and projector 2 for 930 which will be tedious as the user will have to return projector 1 to get 2 for the next 2 hours instead of being able to use one project for both times.

Could anyone help me? I'm still not a professional programmer, still studying and learning.
  3. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

mcc with output as string constant

I have a project that am currently working on, but i got stock along the way. The project is; extent mcc with data type double, float and boolean then modify the type checking and modify the print statement to output sting constant. Also implement the extention for compiler and interpreter.
    Which I did both the data type in my project grammars, parser and semantic but I don't know how to modify my print statement to produce string constant. This is my mid team project on compiler Interpreter and design project. I need help so any ideas email me with it.
    The due date is fastly approching

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo