1. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Starter Page in VS 2003

My Starter Page lists several projects (Solutions) and some of them are duplicates which I want to delete. One of these has the latest improvements that I have made to it so I would like to keep that one on the Starter Page. But try as I may I have not found a way to delete unwanted projects from my Starter Page. Any Suggestions, please? JRichards54
  3. No Profile Picture
    Dim Brendan as Noob

Try this...

Start>Run> regedit

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\VisualStudio\[Version number here]\ProjectMRUList

You should be able to see the list of projects which are on the start page. Edit it from there. Make sure you know what you are doing otherwise you can really mess things up.

Add to my reputation please if it works.

Good luck!

[Edit]
    I only have 1 solution right now so in my registry all I see is the first line which says "(default) REG_SZ (Value Not Set)" and then "File1 REG_EXPAND_SZ G:\location of the file"

So you should be able to just delete the ones you want. After you do that though I would edit the number after "File" to make sure they go in order.
    Last edited by Brendan.C; July 29th, 2012 at 09:26 PM.
  5. No Profile Picture

Smile Starter Page in VS 2003

Thank you Brendon as your advice works just fine. I now have cleaned up the projects listed on the Starter Page. JRichards54

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo