1. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Suggestions for an online quiz platform

I want to build an online quiz system in C# that dynamically displays questions to users when an admin releases the questions by clicking a button in the portal. Questions will appear one at a time to users in their browser (real-time) with a countdown timer and users will be awarded points based on their answer (5 points for first correct answer, 3 for second, and 1 for all others who answer correct). I have designed the database schema thus far and can connect to the tables in a Web page but I'm not sure the best controls or logic to use here. All of the C#.NET work that I've done in the past has been static Web forms and Win32. I'm thinking maybe some kind of AJAX control would work. Any suggestions, links, etc. are greatly appreciated!
  3. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

I would look into Asp.net MVC 3 and jquery for the ajax components. I'm working on something slightly similar and this has worked pretty well for me.

On my case i created a json backend and then control all the logic on the page.
  5. No Profile Picture

Originally Posted by bunker17
    I would look into Asp.net MVC 3 and jquery for the ajax components. I'm working on something slightly similar and this has worked pretty well for me.

On my case i created a json backend and then control all the logic on the page.
    Thanks for the reply. Can you recommend any good tutorials and/or books on MVC 3 and jQuery along with AJAX?
  7. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

http://www.amazon.com/Professional-A...9845797&sr=1-2That book is pretty useful in terms of ajax i don't think you will need an additional reference.

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo