1. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Referencing multiple projects in a solution

I have multiple projects in 1 solution, named ArduinoTest and KinectTest. I'd like the code in KinectTest to be able to reference and call methods in the ArduinoTest project. The KinectTest project is written in C# and the ArduinoTest is C# as well, however ArduinoTest is an "Arduino sketch" created with the VisualMicro extension. I don't think that should be a problem since in essence, this is just 2 C# projects and I want to be able to call methods in 1 from the other.

How should I go about doing this?
    Attached Images
    Last edited by fred2028; January 26th, 2013 at 02:07 PM.
    Cheers,
    Fred Liu
  3. I <3 ASCII
    Devshed Regular (2000 - 2499 posts)

Originally Posted by fred2028
    I have multiple projects in 1 solution, named ArduinoTest and KinectTest. I'd like the code in KinectTest to be able to reference and call methods in the ArduinoTest project. The KinectTest project is written in C# and the ArduinoTest is C# as well, however ArduinoTest is an "Arduino sketch" created with the VisualMicro extension. I don't think that should be a problem since in essence, this is just 2 C# projects and I want to be able to call methods in 1 from the other.

How should I go about doing this?
    These directions are for 2010, not 2012, but the process should be similar:

Right click the references folder -> add reference for KinectTest

Click the 'projects' tab, select ArduinoTest.

That should do it. You may still need to change the public/private modifiers for the classes/functions you need.

-MBirchmeier

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo