1. Contributing User
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

How do I compile the precompiled?

I was handed a "precompiled" asp.net app source code. OK, how do I make this such that I can use and debug it? How do I compile a precompiled app?

After I click past this window, and i try to build the application, I get an error that says "This application is already precompiled".

What can I do?
  3. No Profile Picture

ASP.NET Web pages and code files are compiled dynamically when you will first request a resource such as a page from the Web site. After pages and code files have been compiled the first time, the compiled resources are cached, so that subsequent requests to the same page are extremely efficient.And you can precompile it.
  5. No Profile Picture

hi gamin

These are the steps to precompile

Open a command window and navigate to the folder containing the .NET Framework.
    The .NET Framework is installed in the following location.

"%windir%\Microsoft.NET\Framework\version"

Run the aspnet

"aspnet_compiler -v virtualPath targetPath"

"aspnet_compiler -p physicalOrRelativePath -v / targetPath"

In this case, the physicalOrRelativePath parameter refers to the fully qualified directory path in which the Web site files are located, or a path relative to the current directory.

The period (.) operator is allowed in the physicalOrRelativePath parameter. The -v switch specifies a root that the compiler will use to resolve application-root references (for example, with the tilde (~) operator).

When you specify the value of / for the -v switch the compiler will resolve the paths using the physical path as the root.

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo