1. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Web Forms file not picking up fields

I've developed an MVC 5 calendar app that i now need to integrate into a 3rd party's authentication system. They however have used web forms and i have no experience or clue what is happening here.

I've imported their login pages to /views/en/login. When i try to compile the site it throws an error like this one for every field on the page.
    CS0103 The name 'lblError' does not exist in the current context
    I have verified there is a lblError on the page and all the other fields that it lists are present as well.
    Code:
    <asp:Label ID="lblError" runat="server"
    		ForeColor="Red"
    		Visible="false" />
    The files i'm using are Login.aspx and Login.aspx.cs, they reside in the /views/en/login directory. From what i've read this is commonly caused by an error in @ Page:
    Login.aspx:
    Code:
    <%@ Page Language="C#" AutoEventWireup="true" CodeFile="Login.aspx.cs" Inherits="en_Login_Login" MasterPageFile="../Layouts/myInterior.master" %>
    To my untrained eye this looks correct. I'm not sure whythe two pages aren't communicating with each other. Any suggestions?

Thanks,
    DSFX.
    Last edited by dsfx; August 8th, 2017 at 01:43 PM.
  3. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

So after much effort and research i finally found my solution. I had to select my login.aspx and logout.aspx files and convert them to web application through the project menu. This was a good way to introduce myself to ASP directives haha.

DSFX.

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo