1. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

2 computer Workgroup problem

I have been fighting with this network for a couple days now, if someone could help me I would greatly appreciate it.

My Problem is I have one computer hooked to the internet through a wireless connection using a USB wireless adapter.

The other computer sees the connection to the internet but when I try to access the internet with it, it cannot access the internet. I don't get the work offline box it just cannot see the pages.

I can access files on both computers from the other, I have the wireless connection shared and I am using windows xp pro on both computers.

Any suggestions?

Thanks for the help

Shawn
  3. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

Try using ping and tracert on the problem computer. If they work then check your proxy settings in your browser. If it does not work then there is a communication problem, and all your connections should be checked.

The other problem may be that your network is not forwarding packets properly from the problem computer. Check your router settings if you think this is the case.
  5. No Profile Picture

Zone Alarm

Sorry it was a stupid mistake by me. I use Zone Alarm and it was blocking the internet access from the other computer.

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo