November 16th, 2013, 09:53 PM
Alternative to Habey BIS-6634
Without going into great detail as to my networking needs, please allow me to ask the simplest of questions.
Does anyone know of a viable alternative to Habey BIS-6634?
My objections to this very fine piece of equipment are:
1) Absolute NO PDF Manual available
2) Accepts only arcane RAM
3) Runs only 32 bit pfsense - not 64 bit
Thanks for any direction you might provide. Without sounding arrogant and offending most folks, please allow me to say that I looked into all viable ethernet wired routers, specifically:
1) Cisco Systems Gigabit VPN Router (RV320K9NA) Total piece of junk
2) Cisco Dual Gigabit WAN VPN Router (RV042G-NA) Better than nothing but hardly buy-worthy.
3) ZyXEL ZyWALL USG50 Internet Security Firewall with Dual-WAN, 4 Gigabit LAN / DMZ Ports, 5 IPSec VPN, SSL VPN, and 3G WAN Support -- Had me salivating big time until I found out that none of its desirable features work without subscriptions.
What I currently own:
1) Cisco SG300-10 10-port Gigabit Managed Switch (SRW2008-K9-NA)
2) SMCD3G-BIZ - Business class cable modem
3) Several unmanaged switches (irrelevant?)
Please note: I cannot post URL's so good luck in finding the above equipment.
November 17th, 2013, 09:02 AM
You could take a look at a SonicWall TZ series appliance, or the Cisco Meraki. Both are relatively inexpensive..."relatively".