1. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Any books recomendations?

It's so frustrating typing "Networking Books" on google and getting a list with social guides on how to meet people. Even worse when you try "Internet Network Books" and get more twenty on, again, meeting people, this time on the internet.

Well, english is not my native language, i might be missing something, but anyway...
    Google didn't do it.

I would like recomendations of books about networks. i'm aiming for a carreer in ethical hacking so i want to understand how the whole thing fit togheter. Understand the whys behind it.

So......Anyone? Please?
  3. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    Devshed Novice (500 - 999 posts)

Did you try "network books" as your search term instead of "networking books"?
    I just did and got a whole first page of google results pertaining to computers/networking/security [altho I'm using google.com and not a country-specific google domain (like google.uk/google.de/google.cn/ etc.)].

If your browser will let you load google.com, try using network books as your search term and see if you get proper results. If not, come back, and someone else should be able to assist you with some good book tiles to search for.
  5. No Profile Picture

Originally Posted by DonR
    Did you try "network books" as your search term instead of "networking books"?
    I just did and got a whole first page of google results pertaining to computers/networking/security [altho I'm using google.com and not a country-specific google domain (like google.uk/google.de/google.cn/ etc.)].

If your browser will let you load google.com, try using network books as your search term and see if you get proper results. If not, come back, and someone else should be able to assist you with some good book tiles to search for.
    Yes, thank you.

I got this one by Andrew S. Taunban that looks real good.
  7. No Profile Picture

I would recommend you to start learning for some certification, e.g. Cisco CCNA or CompTIA Network+. For Cisco, you could use Wendell Odom's books, they are a great learning material.
  9. No Profile Picture

Originally Posted by J Dihzy
    Yes, thank you.

I got this one by Andrew S. Taunban that looks real good.
    You meant Tanenbaum, He is best author for Networking books.

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo