1. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Connecting 2 networks

I've never been the best at networks but can handle the basics but i'm needing to do something a bit harder then normal...

What i have:
    2 NICs on my PC (1 wifi, one ethernet)
    Internet access on wifi
    wireless router
    winXP

What I want:
    To pick up the internet from my wifi card, send it to my router via ethernet, and link any other wireless devices in my house to my router and the internet...

I have to use a big windsurfer to pick up the internet on my wifi card so that's why my other devices can't pick up a signal... thanks in advance for any help
  3. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

i got it figured out in-case this gets searched and someone else needs to do the same thing here is what i did...

went to my router page it's a belken so it was 192.168.2.1, changed it's ip to fall in the same network as my wireless 192.168.1.101 is what i used, then bridge connections... make sure u change it b4 u bridge... from there i manually set up the DNS of router according to what ipconfig told me, and when connecting with anything wifi i have to manually put in ip gateway and dns if not it tries to use my router as one of the dns as well as gateway, meaning no internet... hope this helps someone out there

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo