Thread: DDOS mitigation

1. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

DDOS mitigation

Do any of your guys know of a decent DDOS mitigation solution. Is this available via software or does it require a hardware device.

Many thanks!

Steve
  3. Automagically Delicious
    Devshed Regular (2000 - 2499 posts)

There isn't any way to really circumvent a DDOS attack without the proper network architecture. A program called Snort is a good start; but the real key lies in redundant network paths and up-stream prevention.
    Adam TT
  5. Contributing User

While I agree with above comment, I recommend you Outpost Security Suite.

Free version does have that feature, I think. I don't know for sure because i'm using the paid one and does have it.

But beware, it's hard to handle. You will end sometimes blocking yourself (yes, caging yourself). But, it serves as experience haha.
  7. No Profile Picture

DDOS mitigation solution

I'm an administrator and I had the same problem. Now I use a product of a company named Andrisoft. The product is WANGUARD. I've got the sensor and the filter and it works very well. It has an engine that detects the anomalies and the attacks and filter them. It's not expensive and they have a one month free trial version. Hope this will work for you. It did for me.
  9. Contributing User

Originally Posted by simon_bell
    I'm an administrator and I had the same problem. Now I use a product of a company named Andrisoft. The product is WANGUARD. I've got the sensor and the filter and it works very well. It has an engine that detects the anomalies and the attacks and filter them. It's not expensive and they have a one month free trial version. Hope this will work for you. It did for me.
    Hey! Welcome. I'll try it out and let you know my feedback. Good sugestion.

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo