1. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Question Getting XP Pro to login under NT

I am using XP Pro. and trying to log onto the office server runing NT Pro. On the server side the client is set up and working. What I need to know is how to get the Xp Os to Login into 'Client for Mircrosoft Networks' instead of windos login.

On my Windows Me Laptop I was able to go into 'Network' in control panel and select 'Primary Login' to be either 'Windows Login' or 'Client for Microsoft Networks'. But I am unable to find a simular option in the Xp Network area.

Thanks for your suggestions
  3. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

To configure Client for Microsoft Networks
    - Open Network Connections.
    - Click a connection, and then then, under Network Tasks, click Change settings of this connection.

Do one of the following:
    - If this is a local area connection, on the General tab, in This connection uses the following items, click Client for Microsoft Networks, and then click Properties.
    - If this is a dial-up, VPN, or incoming connection, on the Networking tab, in This connection uses the following items, click Client for Microsoft Networks, and then click Properties.
    In Name service provider, click an RPC name service provider.
    If you selected DCE Cell Directory Service in Network address, type the network address of your provider.
    If you use Banyan Vines networking software, select the Enable RPC support for Banyan check box.

Other Notes:
    To open Network Connections, click Start, click Control Panel, and then double-click Network Connections.
    Only change your name service provider if instructed to do so by your system administrator.
    Windows Locator is the default name service provider.
    The Client for Microsoft Networks component is the equivalent of the Workstation service in Windows NT 4.0.

Let me know if this helps!

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo