Thread: Need Help

1. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Need Help

Hi my self Mit from India , I need some help pls help me. i am new in networking job and seniors are not supporting to solve my problem and i have doubt as below.

1 .I am working in data center where we have buy 300 Static IP from APNIC , where we are using only 80 IPs and other are Spares . so how only we can use these 300 IPs . other then used 80 ip ,reminds are free from 300 then how its possible that its use by us only. why others can not use these free IPs which is allocated to us by APNIC.

2 .We are using 3 Lise line by different ISPs and all provide us 3 Different Static IP, but When i check "whats my IP " then instead of showing ISP's IP its showing Our DATA CENTER's IP as ISP, but we are not ISP then how its showing like this ?

Pls solve my above Problems . Thanks In advance.
  3. Banned (not really)
    Devshed Supreme Being (6500+ posts)

1. IP addresses are essentially property. You bought the use of 300 of them and no one else can use them. The networks associated with your IPs are routed to you and only you.

2. You reach the Internet via your assigned IPs. The static IPs from the ISPs only exist to make a connection and for ISP routing to you.
    -- Cigars, whiskey and wild, wild women. --

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo