1. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Help putting together TP-LINK TL-POE200 Power over Ethernet Adapter Kit

I am in no way an IT person. I had a custom computer built and the guy told me to purchase TP-LINK TL-POE200 Power over Ethernet Adapter Kit for it to get internet connection. I have a modem all the way in the living room (ethernet cable can't go that far) he told me I wouldn't need that to just hook it into the computer but I have no idea how to set this up. I read the instructions over and over again but still do not understand how to put it together let alone what I need to hook where (modem, my computer etc) would appreciate help greatly. instructions can be found by typing Power over Ethernet Adapter Kit
    TL-POE200 into google.
  3. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Originally Posted by Hollena
    I am in no way an IT person. I had a custom computer built and the guy told me to purchase TP-LINK TL-POE200 Power over Ethernet Adapter Kit for it to get internet connection. I have a modem all the way in the living room (ethernet cable can't go that far) he told me I wouldn't need that to just hook it into the computer but I have no idea how to set this up. I read the instructions over and over again but still do not understand how to put it together let alone what I need to hook where (modem, my computer etc) would appreciate help greatly. instructions can be found by typing Power over Ethernet Adapter Kit
    TL-POE200 into google.
    PoE (Power Over Ethernet) just delivers i think around 45vdc over a cat5. The only reason i could see you needing PoE is to power a wireless access point where power may be a problem. Other then that you do not need PoE.

You just need a router with wireless to achive wireless connectivity.

Excuse me if i understood the question incorrectly.

Maybe if you can explain in a little me detail i and others can help you out more!
    Last edited by onlinegamesnz; November 16th, 2013 at 06:11 AM.

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo