1. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Unhappy ICS Problems help!

Hey there guys id really like some assistance ive ran into a peculiar problem after upgrading to an ssd i fresh installed windows on my laptop and started having ICS problems when i would try to connect my xbox through my laptops ethernet cable.
    In my previous installation everything worked fine but in the recent installs ive done something seems to be wrong i fresh installed with a different iso twice to double check, and i can confirm both my wireless card adapter and my atheros lan adapter work independently BUT as soon as i change the ics properties of either one the network becomes unidentified i cant access the internet and it doesnt say the connection is shared. As soon as i turn it off it goes back to normal its really frustrating spent past 4 days googling to fix this and tried different fixes but none necessarily specific to my problem so please can i get some help!
  3. No Profile Picture

no help anyone
  5. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    Devshed Regular (2000 - 2499 posts)

How does your laptop connect to the internet (i.e., ISP modem>network cable>Laptop)? The reason I ask, would you be able to put a basic router with a 4-port built-in switch in the middle, and connect everything to that?
  7. No Profile Picture

Originally Posted by seack79
    How does your laptop connect to the internet (i.e., ISP modem>network cable>Laptop)? The reason I ask, would you be able to put a basic router with a 4-port built-in switch in the middle, and connect everything to that?
    hey thanks for the reply it connectss

isp modem+router>wireless> laptop

my isp has a modem built in with wireless to connect devices
  9. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    Devshed Regular (2000 - 2499 posts)

Can you purchase a wireless dongle for the xbox and go that route? Sorry, I've never been a big fan of ICS in Windows. If not, here is a link to setting up ICS on Windows 7 (if it's a different OS just Google "ICS" plus the OS). Try starting over from scratch with these instructions and see if that helps...don't wipe your OS again; that's pointless.

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo