1. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Internet share in LAN

Sir

I have lab of 25 PC,s, I want a to share all pc with IP addres . I have DSL in server .And server have two LAN Card . One card for switch for networking and other card for internet DSL . when we client share with server but inernet not run on the client . Please help to ,how to share internet with server to client

Wait from help
  3. Automagically Delicious
    Devshed Regular (2000 - 2499 posts)

You'll need a router and a switch. The DSL circuit has a modem on it, there's a chance it will be both a modem AND a router. The server and all PCs should be plugged into the switch so that they can all speak to each other. You shouldn't need to connect both NICs in the server, one will suffice. However, the other may be able to be configured as a "back up" link.
    Adam TT
  5. Banned (not really)
    Devshed Supreme Being (6500+ posts)

Do you _want_ all traffic to go through the server? Is it functioning as a firewall, proxy, filter or something like that? If not, then do as Adam said.

If your design is for the server to be one of the above and traffic routing through it, then what OS is it running? That'll help determine the solution. I'm not familiar enough with the various OSs to provide an answer, but I know you can do it this way.

-John
    -- Cigars, whiskey and wild, wild women. --

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo