1. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

My network connection gets disconnected

Hi,

I have a problem that has started in the last 1 month after a windows automatic update that my internet connection gets dropped off. I have a web portal to release but this problem has driven me nuts in the last month.

I tried searching for this problem in Google but couldn't get any solution.

Server is with Windows 7 professional and D-link modem with the static ip. I checked the properties of connection to make sure it does not disconnect if idle.

Also I keep getting an error 'Security certificate not present ..' and the connection drops out.

Thanks very much in advance for any help.

Vijaya
  3. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

Originally Posted by svijiya
    Hi,

I have a problem that has started in the last 1 month after a windows automatic update that my internet connection gets dropped off. I have a web portal to release but this problem has driven me nuts in the last month.

I tried searching for this problem in Google but couldn't get any solution.

Server is with Windows 7 professional and D-link modem with the static ip. I checked the properties of connection to make sure it does not disconnect if idle.

Also I keep getting an error 'Security certificate not present ..' and the connection drops out.

Thanks very much in advance for any help.

Vijaya
    When you say "drops out" do you still have network access? Can you still reach other devices on the network, and can you ping your router?
  5. No Profile Picture

Hi, Thanks for the reply. I cannot ping to the router and the internet connection gets dropped. As this is a web server, only internet access is made available for this server.

Thanks,
    Vijaya
  7. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

So I would assume not being able to ping the router is the problem? Not the DSL link as such.

When this happens do you have a solid light on DSL on the modem?

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo