1. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

PcAnywhere-setup problems

Hello
    I just got a copy of PcAnywhere and I can't get it to work.
    I have two pc's both with XP and both with working modems.
    I can get the 1st machine to dial the 2nd and it answers but nothing happens after that-anyone got any suggestions??
  3. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    Devshed Regular (2000 - 2499 posts)

How have you set up your PC anywhere commands on the `server`? Were you prompted for a login? Did you grant the correct access to that dial in user?
    El éxito consiste en una serie de pequeñas victorias día a día

MySQL, MS SQL, MS ACCESS, Oracle Database Manager - http://victorpendleton.net/products/psdviewer.html
  5. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Hello

What do you mean by server? Does one of my PC's need to be set up as a server ?? I just want to connect directly to another machine by dial up modem. I played around with the XP networking system and managed to get the 2 machines to hook up but didn't get as far as being able to transfer files or anything.
    Both the machines are in the same room and luckily I have 2 phone lines to play with. When I get them configured properly I will just take one PC to my works and change the dial up number.

There are no security issues to address as it's only me who needs to connect.Maybe the PCAnywhere program is more complex than I need and would be better off using windows xp -opinions ???
    Thanks

Paul
  7. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    Devshed Regular (2000 - 2499 posts)

the machine that you are dialing into acts as the server and the machine that your connecting from is called the client. the privileges for the client may not be configured correctly.
    if you are looking for something simple you may want to look at vnc. www.realvnc.com
    El éxito consiste en una serie de pequeñas victorias día a día

MySQL, MS SQL, MS ACCESS, Oracle Database Manager - http://victorpendleton.net/products/psdviewer.html

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo