1. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

How to restrict internet access across LAN

Hi
    I have shared my internet connection across lan through my pc running windows 7.. Now i want to give internet access to only some of computers.. When i was using win xp i was using 'internet admin' software. But now in windows 7 its not working properly. So can somebody suggest me a software for this purpose..???

Thank you
  3. No Profile Picture

Originally Posted by ashwinkonale
    Hi
    I have shared my internet connection across lan through my pc running windows 7.. Now i want to give internet access to only some of computers.. When i was using win xp i was using 'internet admin' software. But now in windows 7 its not working properly. So can somebody suggest me a software for this purpose..???

Thank you

if u using wired network, i think u can use proxy server
    if wireless u can use registration mode.
  5. No Profile Picture

Originally Posted by ashwinkonale
    Hi

Thank you
    Do the users of the computers you want to restrict access to know much about the internet? If not, you can configure internet explorer (or firefox, etc) on those computers to use a proxy server with an invaid IP address (say 0.0.0.0).
  7. No Profile Picture

Originally Posted by mattguest
    Do the users of the computers you want to restrict access to know much about the internet? If not, you can configure internet explorer (or firefox, etc) on those computers to use a proxy server with an invaid IP address (say 0.0.0.0).
    No. problem is all pc s run with windows 7. So it automatically determines suitable ip. i hv configured my computer as host with lan ip address as 192.168.137.1. Now i want to restrict access or limit bandwidth usage. I can simply do it with my router itself. But i cannot see the usage by clients and all. So pls help me with some software solutions like 'internet administrator'.
    Thank you.
    ASHWIN

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo