1. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    Devshed Regular (2000 - 2499 posts)

TZ210 vs NSA 240

Are there any Sonicwall gurus out there? We are currently borrowing a NSA 240 from the ISP (we're good friends with the owner). Obviously we have to get that back and our CDW rep is pushing for the TZ210. There's about 50 people at this company that use VOIP phones as well. Any idea of which one they should go with? Our CDW rep said the NSA would be a bit overkill. I'm not too experienced with Sonicwall products so I'm not sure which one would be the better option.
  3. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    Devshed Novice (500 - 999 posts)

What is the $$$ difference?

Here are the specs-at-a-glance:

http://www.sonicwall.com/uk/TZ_Series.html

http://www.sonicwall.com/uk/8992.html

The NSA has more features, and is quicker with it seems better connectivity, but in terms of basic features they are both very good.

What do you NEED? Please list your requirements here. Might be something better/cheaper to look at that does what you need. I'm always aware of sales guys being on commission or getting bonuses for selling particular products ahead of what *I* require.

Best regards,
    AstroTux.
  5. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

The price difference is about $500. In terms of features needed, the 210 provides all the features we need (gateway AV, VPN support, LT2P, etc..). I guess my biggest concern is getting something with enough computing muscle.

The office only has about 40 employees, all of whom will be using VOIP (which both support SIP passthrough so that's not a problem). I guess my big concern is will the 210 get over-loaded with 40 people connected to it, plus VOIP traffic as well? The NSA has two processors for load balancing, but I don't know if it's needed.

edit: I notice the 210 does not have content filtering but all the other TZ models do; that's ironic. We may end up going with the NSA just for the CF alone (we have a big problem with people going to sites they shouldn't). The throughput seems to be about double that of the 210 as well.
    Last edited by seack79; April 12th, 2009 at 10:05 PM.
  7. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    Devshed Novice (500 - 999 posts)

Hi,

I thought the same as you regarding CF until I read the next line down for the 210 specifically. It has CFS Premium.

There ya go! Save yourself $500!

I'd be surprised if processing wise the 210 wasn't up to the job of 40 users.

Best regards,
    AstroTux.
    Last edited by AstroTux; April 14th, 2009 at 05:37 AM.
  9. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

Thanks for the help man. We'll just get the 210. I'd think it could handle up to 150 users or more; I doubt 40 will be to much of a burden.
  11. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

the main difference

@AstroTux can you please tell me the main difference between those two?

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo