I have recently purchased the Sitecom WL-025 router. I have 1 PC that connects to the is router via a Sitecom wireless network card and another PC that connects directly to the 4-port switch on the router (Both have Win XP). My ISP is Telewest. Both PC's Internet connection has been set up as per the instructions: "Use Broadband connection always on". The TCP/IP settings are as follows:
- DCHP Enabled
- Obtain IP Address Automatically.

I can see the name of the wireless connection, which has always been the default of "Sitecom" but cannot see the router itself in a browser.

When I look at the settings today under Network connections the connection to the wireless router has the follwing configuration details with DHCP Enabled
- Physical Address: 00-0C-F6-6B-F8
- IP Address: 192.168.1.101
- Subnet Mask: 255.255.255.0
- Default Gateway: 192.168.1.254
- DHCP Server: 192.168.1.254
- Lease Obtained: <Date/Time connection was made>
- Lease Expires: <Date/Time connection will expire>
- DNS Server: 168.95.1.1
- WINS Server: Blank

When I first installed the router and followed the quick installation guide the connection worked fine. A week later it stopped working and I tried to reset it but to no avail. A week later I booted up the PC with the wireless card and I was able to connect to the router and to the Internet. But now it has come back with the same errors. I have followed the 3 bits of advise on the FAQs but unable to solve the problem:
1. Firmware upgrade: I cannot connect to the router via Internet Explorer browser so cannot upgrqade the firmware.
2. Losing connection under XP: Advised to stop the Wireless Zero Configuration Service. I stopped the Wireless Zero Configuration service, rebooted the PC but still not luck.
3. Register MAC address with Telewest: Telewest have advised me that you do not need to register the MAC address anymore as of a few months ago and any network card should work fine. They also do not support home networks. I have actually disconnected the wireless router and connected the cable modem directly to 1 of my PCs to get a network connection to post the message.

When trying to regain Internet access and being able to connect to the router via a browser I have tried the follwing:

- Reset the router using the reset switch as per the manual.

- When the Cable modem is connected to the router it is always continuously flashing confirming that data is coming from my ISP.

- I have put 192.168.1.254 into the browser to connect to the router but I continuous get the error message of "No valid Web File System Found. Please upload a valid filesystem".

- When I try to ping 192.168.0.1 I get the following response -
Reply from 192.168.0.1: Destination net unreachable.
Loss=0

- When I try and ping 192.168.1.254 I get the following response:
Reply from 192.168.1.254: Bytes=32 time=1ms TTL=64
Loss=0

Please can you help me with this situation.

Many Thanks
Steve