1. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Windows configuration problems....

Ok, I set up a PDC on a rh9.0 machine using samba 2.2.7. I'm connected a lot of computers to the new domain, most of which are windows 2000 boxes.

I have three nasty questions that I think don't apply to samba configuration as much as they do Windows configuration.

1) Is it possible to sign on as the user from different machines at the same time, I need 20+ people with the same screen name to sign in and I don't want to use grouping with different user names.

2) How can I get there to me more than one domain in the dropdown box on the Windows login screen, when I add one, it deletes the other.

3) How can I restrict internet access based on the username in a certain domain?

Thanks a lot.
  3. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

You can't be a member of more than one domain at a time.
  5. No Profile Picture

Ok, I thought that might be the case for number 2. Any thoughts on the other ones?
  7. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

#1 - Yes you can log on to multiple machines with the same username at the same time

#3 - You need to have some sort of proxy/NAT gateway that uses authentication.
  9. No Profile Picture

Thanks, I'm going to look into the proxy/NAT gateway. There must have been something wrong yesterday that I couldn't login as the same user from different machines.

As for #2, I don't think I worded it correctly. I don't want the machine/client to be connected to more than one domain at a time. I just want the client at login time, to be able to have the choice to logon to one of 3 domains, it's only letting me have 1 domain and the local computer at this point.

Thanks again
  11. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

The login box will only give you the option of logging into the domain or the local machine. Since you can only be a member of one domain at a time, you'll only have the option to log into one domain.

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo