1. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Windows ME - Linux netorking problem

Hello, I am a complete newbie to linux and have set up an apache server on a linux box to which I want to upload pages from my Windows ME box.
    I have set up Samba to enable me to do this but I do not seem to be able to connect over my network (I am using an 8 port hub to connect the machines).
    I have set up tcp/ip with a static ip address on my windows box but am unable to ping from either windows to linux or linux to windows. I can ping from one linux box to another using the same hardware so i know that hub/cables/ethernet cards etc. are ok.
    I also know that the windows and linux boxes are able to talk to each other because i can set up a DHCP server on the linux box and assign an ip to windows but still can't ping. Also I have been able to see my Linux box from Network Neighbourhood but after a reboot of windows and without making any changes can't see it again. Also sometimes I can see my local windows machine in the network neighbourhood then at other times I can not!!

Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Richard
  3. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

OK I have got it sorted now. Updated the network card windows driver and now working fine.

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo