Page 2 of 2 First 12
  • Jump to page:
  1. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

It comes up with carnt find web page blahh blahh blahh.The funny thing is that i had it working the other day but nothing i try will get it back working.The ethernet card has a sinlge green light so it knows its there.Also the number 1 port lights up on the router.I'm sure if i can get access to the router again i can read though you instructions fully and get it sorted.

Also you said

"plug desktop into a port on the router. specify in the network card settings to use the routers IP as the gateway and dns server and to get IP using DHCP automatically."

The network card setting in "network" "control panel" ONly has three tabs and does not include the setting you've listed.Do you mean the icp/ip setting in network?
  3. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

This is gonna sound a pain...

But you've completely lost me on the last post, can you guide me though?
  5. echo $usertitle['computer'];
    Devshed Supreme Being (6500+ posts)

1. Moved post to networking forum -- perhaps you might get a few more networking buffs there

2. For the IP thing you asked about, yes, I forgot to mention, it is probably under TCP/IP settings

3. That last bit basically meant:

Sometimes, network devices work better when on the same subnet (eg. 192.168.0.xxx or 192.168.1.xxx are two different subnets (different 3rd number). I found that with mine it was set to 192.168.1.1 which was not the same as I had set the computers to. I couldn't access the router though, so I manually set my IP to 192.168.1.2 and then could access the router's settings where there was an option to change the routers IP. I changed my router to 192.168.0.100, which after the router restarted (it tells you to restart it after changing it) I couldn't access it anymore. I reset my computers IP to 192.168.0.1 and then could access the router to setup DHCP and then set my computers IP to come via DHCP.

there may be an easier way, but this worked best for me.

computer
Page 2 of 2 First 12
  • Jump to page:

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo