1. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Wireless Network Problem

I have reviewed many of the other posts regarding this issue, but can't seem to find a solution to my problem. I am trying to share files via a wireless connection my desktop PC (running Windows XP Home) and a notebook computer running Windows 98. I can share an internet connection between the two but cannot for some reason get the notebook to "browse" the network and communicate with my PC.

I have tried using the Network Wizard with XP and it created network bridges, etc., that did not solve the problem and caused me to lose my internet connection. I had to perform a system restore to get it back. I'm fine hardware-wise, but am at a loss as to how to share files (or a printer) between the two. Is there a web site or a link that can give me an "idiot's guide" to this. While I am somewhat literate with computers, I get the feeling I'm overlooking something really simple.

Hope someone can help.
  3. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Here's a home networking tutorial. Just follow the Ethernet part, sharing files is the same no matter what your medium pretty much.
    http://www.homenethelp.com/web/howto/HomeNet-start.asp

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo