1. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Wireless and XTPro

I am setting up a network. There are to be two laptops to be connected by wireless to a hub to a broadband modem. I am using Buffalo WBR-G54 hub and G54 cardbus adapters. One laptop has XT Home and the other XT Pro. I have succeeded in connecting by wireless from the XT Home laptop. Although all network settings on the XT Pro laptop look to me to be the same no coonection occurs. The Link light on the G54 adapter never comes on - the power is illuminated. I have swapped cardbus adapters with the same result - the XT Pro laptop will not communicate - it looks to me that the card never transmits. Both cards transmit in the XT Home laptop. I would be very grateful for any suggestions.
  3. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    Devshed Regular (2000 - 2499 posts)

You should have software that was installed for the adapters that can tell you signal strength, etc. This is how you would check if the card is working. Did you set a wep key, etc for the wireless connection? They are the same?

How are you doing your ip addresses? Letting the router do dhcp?
  5. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

The software says that the strength is excellent on the laptop with XPHome and the message on the XPPro is wireless network unavailable. I have disabled WEP key and I am letting the router do dhcp.

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo