1. Proud Member
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Question Route incoming traffic (from the web) to a webserver on the LAN

Hi friends,

Here's what i am trying to accomplish, but i have not yet been able to get a workable solution. Hoping that someone could help me out.

Current Specs:

* A Server with 2 NiC's (one for internal lan, second for DSL internet access) & o/s is Windows 2000 Adv Server.

* Another PC (Win 2000 Pro) on the LAN having Apache. Local LAN users can access the webserver perfectly without any problems.

* The Server shares the internet connection with the rest of the lan via a proxy software.

* Firewall Installed - Yes

Now, what i want to do is allow access from the outside (web) to this internal pc on my lan which is has the apache webserver installed.

Here's what i tried:

1. Created a custom TCP port entry at the proxy and set it to respond to requests on the NIC that's connected to the Internet.

2. Similarly, a rule was set on the firewall to accept connections on the port that was registered in the proxy.

But the above does not work. Anyone can tell me of any other alternate solution or if i have not got something right in the above method that i have tried.

I really need to get a working solution. Any help would be appreciated

• Did I help you? Consider giving me some positive reputation! Please click the above this post to expand my reputation.

3. Proud Member
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Anyone?

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo