1. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Static Ip Driving me crazy

I hope someone can help me and hopefully I can explain it:

I have a small business and my corporate office told us that in order to access a certain corporate website we had to setup static ip in my business. Once that was done, to give them our static ip address and they would register it in order for us to gain access to that website. So we call ATT DSL and they setup static ip but they gave us a range of 5 static ips and told us each pc had to have its own ip address.

The problem is that our corporate said they could only register 1 static ip per office and that we had to setup up our router to use only 1 static ip for all pcs. I have 3 pcs under a Motorola router that ATT provided. At the moment I can only access that website from one of the pcs which has the ip address i provided my corporate office. Is there a way to have all pcs broadcast the same ip address? Or should I provide my corporate office with the router ip address?

Any help will be greatly appreciated.
  3. No Profile Picture
    Grumpier old Moderator
    Devshed Supreme Being (6500+ posts)

I have 5 static IP's from Verizon and have no problem with a NAT router configured to use just one of the IP's.
    ======
    Doug G
    ======
    Bartender to Rene Descartes "have another beer?" Descartes: "I think not" and he vanished.
    --Alfred Bester
  5. No Profile Picture

Originally Posted by Doug G
    I have 5 static IP's from Verizon and have no problem with a NAT router configured to use just one of the IP's.
    Can u give me some info on how to set it up. I logged on to the router and entered the ip address range they gave me, then i assigned each pc an ip address. What do I need to change?
  7. Automagically Delicious
    Devshed Regular (2000 - 2499 posts)

Here's basically how you need to do it.

You got 5 IP's you can use for anything you want. 1 of which will be used to put on your LAN's router. So let's just call it 12.151.23.19. That will be on the OUTSIDE interface of your router. All your PC's, on the INSIDE, will have a private address just like today. The OTHER 4 IP Addresses can be used for other things, or nothing. Your ISP doesn't know what's best for you, so don't always take what they say for absolute truth.

Comments on this post

• DonR agrees : well said
    Adam TT
  9. No Profile Picture

Thanx,

so you think if I give my corporate office the ip address for the router, it will give access to that website on all pcs under that router?
  11. Automagically Delicious
    Devshed Regular (2000 - 2499 posts)

yes, that is correct
    Adam TT

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo