1. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Network Config Help

Alright, I'm a little baffled and need some help. I am upgrading a network, and have to have it done by the end of the week. I am installing Cisco SG 300-10 switch as a 'core' layer 3 switch. This needs to connect to 4 Procurve 1800-24G switches. Also to some Access Points and a Windows 2008 R2 server. How/what configuration do I use to 'trunk' the 1800's to the Cisco switch. I also need the switch to propagate DHCP and DNS info from the server. I'm stuck and a little miffed HELP!!!!
  3. Automagically Delicious
    Devshed Regular (2000 - 2499 posts)

Are you using VLANs? If not then you shouldn't need to do any trunking. If so, I cannot help you on the Procurve's (keep in mind that it is possible that the two might not talk VLANs correctly to each other.)

Again, depending on whether you're doing VLANs all the others should just be switchports. You may need to actually issue the "switchport" command to turn off the layer 3 stuff.
    Adam TT
  5. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Vlans=yes

Yes Im using a bunch of VLANs. I can't get this damn thing to work.
  7. Automagically Delicious
    Devshed Regular (2000 - 2499 posts)

You're probably running against how the two do the trunking. In which case you might not ever get them to work how you'd like. Do some research on the procurves and how they do VLAN trunking.
    Adam TT

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo