1. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

What is my true ip and website setup

I couldnt think of a better title i am afraid. Or even work out where to put this. So have mercy, its doing my brain in.

I set up a web server on my pc. I have a BT connection, but Im unsure what my real ip is or if they are sending me through a proxy and it has closed the ports, I know their open my end. Both through the hub and firewall.

This is the ip data I am getting

Broadband network IP address: 109.151.129.49
    Default gateway: 217.32.143.134

Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection:

Connection-specific DNS Suffix . :
    Link-local IPv6 Address . . . . . : fe80::fd12:6e68:efda:f457%11
    IPv4 Address. . . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.1.64
    Subnet Mask . . . . . . . . . . . : 255.255.255.0
    Default Gateway . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.1.1

my domain is courtabuse.com and afraid says this is my ip when it updates
    A record is 86.153.251.150

So what is going on ?, and why can't I connect to my website here, I tried to get a friend to do it from their house in case it was a local loopback problem, but I am stumped.
  3. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

So if you ping that domain you are receiving a reply from 86.153.251.150? Where do the DNS records reside for this domain? Are they with the domain registrar

So, you would want to update your DNS records to point to your public IP of your server, in your case would be 109.151.129.49

Create a blank A record with 109.151.129.49
    and a www A record with 109.151.129.49

What OS is this webserver running on? Is it IIS?

I use the port check tool at ping.eu to test ports. Make sure you have a rule enable in the firewall for port 80

To illuminate firewall issues, run this command in CMD

netsh advfirewall set allprofiles state off

be careful with this, this will disable your firewall completely, go straight to that website and check if the port is open, then use

netsh advfirewall set allprofiles state on

to re-enable. This is the best way to make sure it is not firewall related and trust me 90% of issues result in bad firewall configuration. Don't do this if you don't feel comfortable doing so.

Post back if you have any issues!
  5. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

Sorry only saw this in the ealry hours, will reply tomorrow when head is not fogged up !.

Thanks
    xan .

Originally Posted by onlinegamesnz
    So if you ping that domain you are receiving a reply from 86.153.251.150? Where do the DNS records reside for this domain? Are they with the domain registrar

So, you would want to update your DNS records to point to your public IP of your server, in your case would be 109.151.129.49

Create a blank A record with 109.151.129.49
    and a www A record with 109.151.129.49

What OS is this webserver running on? Is it IIS?

I use the port check tool at ping.eu to test ports. Make sure you have a rule enable in the firewall for port 80

To illuminate firewall issues, run this command in CMD

netsh advfirewall set allprofiles state off

be careful with this, this will disable your firewall completely, go straight to that website and check if the port is open, then use

netsh advfirewall set allprofiles state on

to re-enable. This is the best way to make sure it is not firewall related and trust me 90% of issues result in bad firewall configuration. Don't do this if you don't feel comfortable doing so.

Post back if you have any issues!

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo