1. DEVILS IN RED
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Problem with Etrade Pro

Hi,

I have this weird problem in office. My boss is using Etrade Pro software for trading online. During office hours (when there is around 20~25 persons connected on the network) the program does not load and is stuck at the intro screen. But it works very well once people switch of their computers and there are only around 5~10 connections on the LAN.

We have very fast internet (100Mbps line) and speedtest websites show me atleast 40 or 50 MBps download speed even at full load on the network on my boss' computer. I cannot figure out why Etrade Pro is not loading still, there is absolutely no issue with the software configurations or his computer because the software runs properly when network is on low load.

Any insights would be really helpful. Thanks a lot
    Ahmed Shefeer
  3. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    Devshed Regular (2000 - 2499 posts)

You may have a fast incoming connection, but what about the equipment itself? What kind of switches are you using, is he connected via wifi or cat5/6? What is the router load during normal business hours?
  5. DEVILS IN RED
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Sorry for the late reply. He is using a very modern PC, and this issue does not happen after work hours. We tried on other computers as well, all the same. Has to do with network load (or the network itslef) because the program loads fine on networks outside our office.

The connection is a 100MBps one routed by DHCP from a Linksys E2500 router. Line to router gets around 95MBps speed (tested using http://www.speedtest.net) and at full load the PC gets 40 to 50 MBps download speed. I am stuck on this issue and does not know where to start troubleshooting.

I can guarantee that there is nothing wrong with the equipment or the application as is is working as intended when the number of people connected to the network is less.
    Ahmed Shefeer

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo