1. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Question Problem with bridged networking

I have tried to follow online guides to set up a bridged network between a VirtualBox Windows XP Guest VM and my host windows 8 system. I have chosen the Bridged Adapter option from the network settings of the guest system. And the name I have chosen is, "Microsoft Network Adapter Multiplexor Driver". I have bridged the VirtualBox-Host-Only-Network and my Local Area Connection. But as long as both of them are bridged, my internet connection doesn't work. The moment I unbridge the Virtual Box Host Only Network, the connection returns. And the internet connection in the guest OS doesn't work at all in bridged networking, no matter which name of the adapter I choose in the settings. So I am pretty much lost. I would be grateful if someone could help me out. Thanks in advance
  3. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

Also a new problem occurred when I tried to launch the VM.
    "Failed to open a session for the virtual machine Windows XP.

Nonexistent host networking interface, name 'Realtek PCIe FE Family Controller' (VERR_INTERNAL_ERROR).

Result Code: E_FAIL (0x80004005)
    Component: Console
    Interface: IConsole {db7ab4ca-2a3f-4183-9243-c1208da92392}"
  5. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

If I choose "Microsoft Network Adapter Multiplexor Driver" now, the internet connection inside the guest OS works, but I can't ping its IP from the host OS. This is really confusing me..

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo