1. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

UDP connection issues

Hey Guys,

I have connection issues with an application over UDP. The connection involves an alarm panel (hardware TCP/UDP/IP Card) and the software.

Now, I am having huge issues connecting over UDP to this panel. I have a forward on the router at the alarm side for UDP/TCP port 3001.

I spoke to tech support, who told me I would also need a forward on the client (software side) initiating the connection. Now I have to say I disagreed and said that NAT would take care of the port mapping, knowing to forward all responses on port 3001 to my private IP.

Anyway, I did this and still NO luck, using ping.eu, I used port check and sure enough the port is showing as OPEN telling me that there is a path through to the TCP card and that its listening.

So I have setup

On the server side

Port 3001 -----> forwarded to internal host 192.168.x.x (255.255.255.0) UDP/TCP

On the client side I have

Port 3001 -----> forward to the client (initiating the connection) at 192.168.x.x (also 255.255.255.0) UDP/TCP

As the images below indicate, the port is unreachable and im also getting failed ICMP requests as I had ICMP disabled on the router, now I doubt that matters, but to be sure, I enabled ICMP on the router and still no go.

How can I tell if the connection is getting OUT on the client side, and how can I tell if this is a issues with the panel or router on the server side?

I need to sort this for work, and this client is getting rather angry. (its been a while).

Any ideas?

Thanks!!

http://forums.devshed.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=13751&stc=1

http://forums.devshed.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=13752&stc=1

PS.

Gateway is @ 192.168.0.254 - Router/PPP
    DNS is @ 192.168.0.1 - Windows Server 2008 DNS Server
    DHCP is @ 192.168.0.1 - Windows Server 2008 DHCP Server

Unsure if this is any use :P
    Attached Images
    Last edited by onlinegamesnz; December 27th, 2013 at 03:31 AM.

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo