November 20th, 2003, 11:14 AM
Recommend a VPN Solution?
Can someone recommend a VPN solution for the following setup:
- Needs to work with both Windows and Mac (OS 10.3) users.
- About 7 users need to be able to come in through the VPN connection from the outside
- We have over 10 machines internally that need to go out to the net
- we currently have a dual wan router but we dont like it, so a vpn box with dual wan router support would be best, this way we can replace the current router.
- we want on box authentication (no pass through stuff)
Last edited by rustybrick; November 20th, 2003 at 11:21 AM.
November 20th, 2003, 11:15 AM
November 20th, 2003, 11:17 AM
No i am looking for real hardware. Sonicwall, watchguard, not cisco (too expensive).
November 20th, 2003, 11:47 AM
I only have experience with SonicWall, but it works very well for us. Pretty tough box. VPN experience is only with PC's though.
Don't know if they support Mac OS.
go to www.sonicwall.com
I recommend it though.
November 22nd, 2003, 12:27 AM
VNC is a virtual solution, but not good enough for alot of users. If they are trying to conect at the same time people will get booted. Also, I believe you are just sharing files and things like that. If so VNC would be useless due to the fact that it can only support one user at a time (Depending on the version)
Personally I dont have much experience with VPN's other than a standard config on windows servers. Otherwise I'd shed more light.
November 22nd, 2003, 05:56 PM