Thread: OCI.dll

1. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

OCI.dll

Hi there,

I've just been added to a java project that involves connecting to an Oracle Database. But my purpose is not coding, I just need to gain access to the Oracle Database and view the table attributes.

At any rate, I downloaded Toad and SQL Navigator, but both don't work. They both keep saying "Unable to load OCI.dll". Now I don't want to install Oracle on my machine as i'm just supposed to view the files...

any thoughts?

Bill
  3. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

If you already have installed oracle in your server then you need to install only oracle client in your machine, this client side software provides the tools to create a connection with database of your server as well as SQL*Plus to run any queries.

I dont know about the TOAD, but the installation of TOAD is not sufficient itself you need to configure something, go though the documentation of TOAD.
  5. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    Devshed Regular (2000 - 2499 posts)

I have a viewer in my signature that uses the Oracle thin client. All you need is a jre. You will need to know the IP/host_nameort:SID and you will be able to do all the things you need.
    Here is a connection example:
    user
    password
    192.168.0.1:1521rcl
    schema_name
    El éxito consiste en una serie de pequeñas victorias día a día

MySQL, MS SQL, MS ACCESS, Oracle Database Manager - http://victorpendleton.net/products/psdviewer.html

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo