1. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

SQL Developer Users?

We are going through a conversion from Toad to SQL Developer, and it has been a journey. Recently, though, I've found a couple new resources I wanted to share.

This page below on SQL Dev is NOT marketing focused at all, but productivity and tips and tricks. I have found the author (thatjeffsmith) and some of the SQL Developer team incredibly responsive to any of my questions, and I've been blown away by their customer service (very refreshing).

You can "Like" the "Oracle SQL Developer" page on Facebook to start getting info. Make sure you are looking at the one with around 1000 likes (there are some with similar names that are not this)

You can also see the blog most posts are based on thatjeffsmith.com.

If anyone else has gone through a Toad to SQL Developer conversion, I would like to hear about your experience!
  3. No Profile Picture

oracle information

hi i am Gloria Cartwright,
    i am pursuing MCA 2nd year i have this subject in my syllabus i am newer to this i need a oracle book if you know about which book is useful to beginners tell me the book and author name please
  5. No Profile Picture

Oracle Book

Originally Posted by GloriaCartwrigh
    hi i am Gloria Cartwright,
    i am pursuing MCA 2nd year i have this subject in my syllabus i am newer to this i need a oracle book if you know about which book is useful to beginners tell me the book and author name please
    Best book for Oracle is Oracle PL/SQL by Oracle Publications. Also read DBMS concepts by Schieschaztes
  7. Contributing User

Honestly Gloria,

My advise would be the following three books, all by Oracle Press pub.

- Oracle Database 11g DBA handbook
    - Oracle Database 11g SQL
    - Oracle Database 11g & MySQL 5.6 Developer Handbook

Read those three books (buy them from Amazon.com) and you will be very well off in understanding Oracle.

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo