1. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Exclamation SQL Expert Exam 1Z0-047 (best study materials?)

I hope someone can help me, I am interested in taking this cert: SQL Expert Exam 1Z0-047. Does anyone have a suggestion for the best study materials?

Eventually, I would also like to take this exam, 11g Administration I Exam: 1Z0-052.

I'll get to that one once I pass the 047 cert...

- Thanks.
    FordFasteRR !!!!
  3. No Profile Picture

Three suggestions

1. Oracle Press has "OCA Oracle Database SQL Expert Exam Guide: Exam 1Z0-047 (Osborne Oracle Press Series)" by Steve O'Hearn. It is good. Although it starts at a very rudimentary level, it does progress sufficiently to teach you the advanced concepts you will need to know. End of chapters have two-minute drills, quizzes and chapter tests. And there two online tests as well. Very complete system. Amazon has it for $37.00.

2. Transcender's 1z0-047 exam prep (transcender.com). Almost the same as the offering from Self Test Software (selftestsoftware.com) - they are both owned by Kaplan.

Transcender's has:
    -- 30-50 more questions
    -- Ability to buy 100 new, additional questions for $39
    -- An easier guarantee (one failure vs two to qualify)
    -- A higher price.

3. Oracle documentation - it may be the very best thing to read. I just passed the infamous 1Z0-146 Advanced PL/SQL. I had the Self Test practice exam, the uCertify exam, and of course the class documentation from the Oracle class on Advanced PL/SQL. Oracle's free documentation, downloaded in PDF format and printed out so I could highlight and take notes, proved a lot more helpful than all the other sources put together! The Oracle docs are very well done! I learned more things the Usage Notes of the Oracle Built-in Packages & Types Reference than I can count. For this exam, I'm reading the Oracle SQL Language Reference - printed most of it out. I've learned a lot just reading the data types part and I've got 10 years Oracle experience and two OCPs! The manuals turned out to be my best friends as far as preparing for the exam is concerned.
  5. No Profile Picture

Do you recommend me any video training on the topic 1Z0-047 Oracle Database SQL Expert Exam?

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo