#1
  1. No Profile Picture
    Registered User
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    5
    Rep Power
    0

    Question How uninstall oracle client.


    I have a windows server 2008 machine and I have installed the oracle client win64_11gR2_client and I need to uninstall it. It does not appear in the program list and there is no uninstall in the Oracle menu items. I need to uninstall this client. How do I do that?
  2. #2
  3. Contributing User
    Devshed Novice (500 - 999 posts)

    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    857
    Rep Power
    388

    Cool


    How uninstall oracle client.
    On windoze you do it carefully, VERY carefully.
    Primarily using Oracle Universal Installer (OUI).
  4. #3
  5. No Profile Picture
    Registered User
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    5
    Rep Power
    0
    Originally Posted by LKBrwn_DBA
    On windoze you do it carefully, VERY carefully.
    Primarily using Oracle Universal Installer (OUI).
    The universal installer requires JAVA. This machine does not have JAVA installed. Is there any other way?
  6. #4
  7. Contributing User
    Devshed Novice (500 - 999 posts)

    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    857
    Rep Power
    388
    Originally Posted by pdcjlw1
    The universal installer requires JAVA. This machine does not have JAVA installed. Is there any other way?
    Under the Oracle client folder, you should find the "oui/bin" directory. Execute "setup.exe" click on "Installed products" and remove what you want.

    Also, the client home contains a directory called "deinstall". Execute "deinstall.bat"

    vg.:

    C:\Oracle\product\11.2.0\client_2\oui\bin\setup.exe
    or
    C:\Oracle\product\11.2.0\client_2\deinstall\deinstall.bat
  8. #5
  9. No Profile Picture
    Registered User
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    5
    Rep Power
    0
    Originally Posted by LKBrwn_DBA
    Under the Oracle client folder, you should find the "oui/bin" directory. Execute "setup.exe" click on "Installed products" and remove what you want.

    Also, the client home contains a directory called "deinstall". Execute "deinstall.bat"

    vg.:

    C:\Oracle\product\11.2.0\client_2\oui\bin\setup.exe
    or
    C:\Oracle\product\11.2.0\client_2\deinstall\deinstall.bat
    I did find the deinstall.bat file. I ran it. Nothing seems to have changed. I still have the oracle items in the menu. I still have all the oracle folders and files on my C drive. Did I not run the bat file correctly?

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo