1. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

how to connect the oracle server

I use the oracle 9i on my system.
    I have installed the oracle database server on Windows 2000server and I create the PIS database(I create the table province on it too.) on it. When I use the oracle I connect the database by user = system and password = oracle123 (I don ‘t create the other user ,in my system there are the user that oracle server create it between the installation ) when I can connect I use the command “connect / as sysdba; ” and I can insert the data on the table province.
    Besides, I have installed the oracle client on WidowsXP professional and I use the Net8 configuration Assistant to set the client program .
    After I do this I check the program by using the sqlplus on the client program by
    user = system password = oracle123 and Host string = pis (I use the service name in configuration Net8 configuration Assistant = pis) and use the command “select * from v$database;” it works properly. But when I want to use the PIS database on
    the server I use the command “connect / as sysdba” in order to change to sysdba but the program has an error so I can’ t to using the PIS database. Please suggest me to solve the problem.
    thankyou
  3. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Hi,

there are several thing you need to define on windows:

remote_login_passwordfile = exclusive (init)
    remote_os_authent = true (init)

you may also need to define your / user prefix

and on the registry os_prefix_domain=true

hope that helped.

Galit

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo