1. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Oracle posting Prob

Hi

i have a form, where there are display fields from a db. the form also contains fields from another block.

here's the xxxx form design

|Display fields---------
    |
    |
    | Push Button
    -------------------------------------------------------------
    |Other fields--------
    |
    |
    |

I want to b able to call the main form from where am getting the display fields, make modifications there, save ,close...
    the modifications need to b displayed on the xxxx form, without saving the xxxx form...
    coz
    when i save the xxxx form there are some which are disabled in the other fields category....
    am developing on forms 6i
    help plz
    thnks
  3. No Profile Picture

in form designer's object navigator,
    (1)select the display item
    (2)goto item prpperty
    (3)in property window select 'synchronize with item' option from 'Data' node.
    (4)select required item from the list, which value you want to copy in it when it is changed. You dont need to save record.

Remember this value will not be view able until you move you control to next column, previous column or next record etc.

Regards
  5. No Profile Picture

Hi Shafique the problem is i don't see the item i want it to synchronise in the list....
    The problem i have is that i have a form x which displays part of information from main form y. now when i need to edit some details i just need to click on a push btn which pops the form y, i make the changes, save and exit form y therefore returning to form x... my problem is i want to see the changes i made in form y without having to save form x....
    can i do this? using parameters perhaps?
  7. No Profile Picture

Now i understand your are using two different forms not master detail. In this situation Global Variable will be your first choice, declare a global variable in your form Y under the Form level trigger 'WHEN_NEW_FORM_INSTANCE' like that:
    :GLOBAL.GY := null; --declaring global variable

Define a new Block level trigger 'POST_QUERY' in form Y, then make GY equal to variable of that block item. look like that:
    :GLOBAL.GY := EPTNO;

The second step goto your form X. Define a new Block level trigger 'POST_QUERY' , then make this block item equal to that golbal variable, like that:
    EPTNO := :GLOBAL.GY;

You can see these changes that you have done in form Y by running query.

Global variables always available during throughout the session.

Regards,
  9. No Profile Picture

Kewl we are getting somewhere
    Thanks Shaffique....
    now what do i do if i want the changes in form Y to b displayed in form X without having to requery or save form X?
    Thanks much,

IMN logo majestic logo spyfu logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo