1. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Utl_FileExceptionExtend

Dear group members,

Recently we have upgraded our linux cluster. Since then my Abaqus jobs stop unexpectedly when the size of the odb (results output) file is 1429209088 bytes issuing the follwing error message:
    terminate called after throwing an instance of 'utl_FileExceptionExtend'
    MPI Application rank 0 killed before MPI_Finalize() with signal 6

I am currently working with the IT staff to solve this problem but before looking at the new system database we would like to isolate the problem by eliminating any possible cause of Abaqus settings.

Thus, my question is: could this be related to any of abaqus environment variables that limit the size of the odb file? do you think that I need to change any of the environment variables? If this is not related to the setting of Abaqus, would you advice the IT staff to install any package that could solve this problem?

Your help is very appreciated.
  3. Contributing User
    Devshed Novice (500 - 999 posts)

Wink

Originally Posted by CliftonReed
    Dear group members,

Recently we have upgraded our linux cluster.
    . . . E t c . . .
    Thus, my question is: could this be related to any of abaqus environment variables that limit the size of the odb file? do you think that I need to change any of the environment variables? If this is not related to the setting of Abaqus, would you advice the IT staff to install any package that could solve this problem?

Your help is very appreciated.
    After checking the Abaqus setting, make sure the sysadmins verify that the file system parameter(s) related to the disk(s) are set to "large files" which means you can write files larger than 2G.

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo